In compliance with the Environment Quality Act (chapter Q-2), KWREC submitted a Project Notice. This is the first stage of the social and environmental impacts assessment and review procedure. It presents the preliminary planning of the project: the possible options and the technical, economic, environmental and social aspects of the project. Based on this Preliminary information, the Regional Administrator will determine, after consultation with the Evaluating Committee (COMEV), whether or not they are subject to the assessment and review process.
The Project Notice contains:
- identification and contact details of the applicant;
- location and timing of the project;
- general presentation of the project;
- public information and consultation activities;
- description of the main issues and anticipated impacts of the project on the receiving environment;
- greenhouse gas emissions;
- other relevant information.